Friday, September 4, 2009

Only in Sleep

Yesterday I got this poem from Poemhunter.com and found it simply beautiful. The unforgettable memories of a childhood. So here it is.
I have left the original formatting in place. It looks rather eye catching.
Well, at least, so I think.


"Only in Sleep"

User Rating:

9.0 /10
(32 votes)




Only in sleep I see their faces,
Children I played with when I was a child,
Louise comes back with her brown hair braided,
Annie with ringlets warm and wild.

Only in sleep Time is forgotten --
What may have come to them, who can know?
Yet we played last night as long ago,
And the doll-house stood at the turn of the stair.

The years had not sharpened their smooth round faces,
I met their eyes and found them mild --
Do they, too, dream of me, I wonder,
And for them am I too a child?

Sarah Teasdale

9 comments:

Lexi said...

Hi

I'm Lexi from Link Referral, (lexiyoga.com)

I have a great script for you to use to add a real time earth and moon phase. I think it will add a special touch to your site.
Here is the free script: http://www.lexiyoga.com/real-time-earth-and-moon-code

Please let me know what you think.


Lexi

Aimee said...

awww.. nice one..

it's only in sleep that time really is forgotten..

anyway, you might want to try Pablo Neruda's poems. they're great, too.


aimeenvincible.net :)

szlogolept said...

I have looked him up. They are indeed beautiful poems. I wish I could read them in the original. Cheers

psychelyn said...

ei, nice post. it feels good to be back isn't it? :) thanks for finding me back and welcome back as well :)))

Damsel said...

thanks for sharing this poem!

wanderer said...

Poemhunter.com is my first platform to show case my skills as a poet...I do hold on to the pleasant memories of those days...and of course is was from this site that i got to bound with a special person too.

TOMAS said...

Thank you for these unforgettable indeed memoirs. I have read that poem as my diary and tears doped down from my eyes. That was lovely, sweat tears - they warmed the heart : once upon a time helps me not to forget the wonder of wind stories.
I enjoy your blog greatly.

LionGirl said...

How true? Just last night I dreamt of my late sister and it was so real that I forgot she is no longer alive! It feels so good to be with her in my dreams, once in a while. It feels so good...

Aries said...

Hi, just blog hopping. Lovely poem